the following day at my grandfather's grave in pocatello, however, jack got his chance.
this one is my favorite:
i love that we named our kids after virtuous people that they can really look up to.
addilynn vada is named after my mom's mom, vada n. rudd.
hollynd claudia is named after elder jeffrey r. holland, a latter-day apostle; and claudia e. bowler, lynn's mom.
jackson tad is named after my dad's dad, jack d. morris; and tad nielson, my grandmother vada's brother. {get it--vada's brother is tad; addie vada's brother is jackson tad--i know, i know soooo clever}
randy mckay is obviously named after lynn and his dad.
i hope to teach our kids all we know about who they are named after and what made them so special so they can realize the legacy of faith, virtue and strength that has been passed to them.
i think it would be cool to get a picture of tad's grave this year to go with this one; then it will be complete.
ps. i left the flowers me and kaydee held during dad & susan's wedding ceremony.
grandpa, i miss you.




5 comments:
Hey i saw your blog on Beckys, it is so fun to see who has one and look at their cute pictures and read all their stories. I think you can learn so much from people and their ups and downs and it seems like it has been a very popular thing lately. I know that looking and reading blogs has been my out at nights after all the kids are in bed. Fun!!
I love your last post. I feel the same way about names, everyone of our children are named after very special people in our lives. It really means something and they will respect that when they get older.
Anyways it was great to see your blog.
Oh great! My poor kids, their names came from me just liking them. I remember when Jessica was going to be born I said, "I hope people don't think I'm naming her after Jessica Simpson". (she was kind of a big deal at the time) and one of my brothers said "WHY NOT"!!
That is THE greatest photo! Love, love, love it.
awesome photo haylie! you are too clever. i miss you too grandpa!
That picture is incredible!! I miss g-pa as well... don't we all.
Post a Comment