Tuesday, November 25, 2008

bow-prah introduces groceries.

and the winner is......

shalynn!!! the total on my receipt was $244.74. (forgive the backwards photo--i'm too lazy to fix it.)
she guessed $265 and wrote a very heart-warming comment:













k, shalynn! you have 72 hours to contact me by email starting NOW!!!

thanks for humoring me, that was pretty fun, no? 

i think i shall do this again in the future. you may see some google ads on my blog to fund this new idea. i shall donate money earned from ads to prizes.
so, the more you click, the more fantabulous the prize!

*************************************************************************************
ok, you twisted my arm long enough. here is what some of you asked for....

shopping for thanksgiving.
i think i just heard everyone moan.
you're not the only one. 
don't worry, this is a happy shopping post.

there are still several peeps asking me about the grocery shopping freaks in my ward and how they have perfected the art of grocery shopping. don't worry, "freak" is a term of endearment and oh how i just love those freaks!
 
anyway, i thought i would post some pictures because if you're anything like me--it's soo much more effective to show rather than tell. sooooooo, without further ado, this is what i have learned from the grocery shopping freaks and what it can do for your shopping bill:

i bought this for $58.07:

4 cans of campbell's soup
3 cans of del monte vegtables
8 boxes of lipton onion dry soup mix
4 boxes of swiss miss hot cocoa
4 tubs of land o' lakes butter
2 tubs of pillsbury frosting
2 packages of crisco shortening sticks
2 boxes of ziplock gallon size baggies
2 packages of dixie ultra paper bowls
2 packages of dixie ultra paper plates
4 bottles of crisco cooking oil
32 jars of beech-nut stage 2 baby food
4 bottles of spice island spices
4 bottles of mckormick parsley
16 packets of fleishman's yeast


and i got these for free:

4 bags green giant steamers frozen vegetables
3 boxes of jolly time popcorn
1 15 lb. norbest turkey.


the pictures and totals above are only the sale items i paired up with manufacturers coupons. i actually bought a bunch of other stuff too. 

i won't even show you my receipt. 

well, ok--
you twisted my arm again. i'll show it to you only because i think it wins the record for longest receipt in the world! do i get a prize for this?

i know you're probably thinking i spent about $2,489,481.23 but i didn't. 

i will tell you how much i spent after you guess. 

aaaaaaand because i love thanksgiving soooo much and because i'm so thankful for all of you who humor me by reading all this, i'm going to give away a $30 target e-gift card to the person who comes the closest to guessing the actual total on that receipt pictured above. within 24 hours, the winner will find the e-gift card in their email inbox in which they will be able to print and use for all their holiday shopping needs. because i love you, that's why.

i know $30 is not much to spit at but it's all bow-prah can do right now. if this is successful, bigger and better will absolutely follow. [and maybe some google ads to support the new found fun].

wooo hoooo! can i get a woot woot for happy email?

oh--and i almost forgot
k, blog stalkers, here's your chance to identify.
:)
i would just love to hear from you!

*************

ps i'll give you only one hint: i shopped at albertsons.

ps#2 if two people guess right or if 2 people are the closest, i will take the first one that commented, going by the posted time on your comment. 

ps#3 contest ends friday, november 28, 2008 at 12:00 am pacific time.

ps#4 if you are the winner, you will need to contact me within 72 hours of me announcing the winner to claim your prize. in the event that you don't, i will choose the next closest guess.

good luck!!

15 comments:

SPN1227 said...

Ok - so, it looks like you bought lots of little items - baby food and such. By the way, may I just say that you are awesome? And not just for giving away a gift card. You are so creative in your blogging and in your mothering to your cute family. I guess I could go on and on but that's not why I am here :) So, I guess $265. (I'm really not trying to butter you up or anything - Just commenting since I rarely ever do :) )

Jill said...

$526.75


I just love ya!

val said...

$213.52
i really have no idea. i did love your coupon class a few weeks ago and have started implementing some of the tactics. it's still a little overwhelming though. but thanks for helping me get started.

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

$102.34 -- and I agree with Shalynn - you are awesome!

Kristen said...

$94.15

I need my dadgum papers so I can start clipping coupons and schtuff! I did sign up for upromise - that is pretty sweet.

Heather Crozier said...

I guess $175.88. :)

love2boys said...

Hey haylie!

Okay, I'll guess $150.50

I hope you have an awesome Thanksgiving! by the way...you look awesome!

Love you, me

Staples said...

i am going with the price is right...... $1 dollar

Defy Gravity said...

$187.58. By the way. that receipt is really long. about as big as Roberts receipts.

Suzanne said...

"One Million Dollars" (pinky up to lower lip!) No just kidding! I am guessing $87.45, that sounds like an interesting number. I am banking on Kristen to start teaching me this system since your class was on a Wednesday night! Hey thanks for that one! Some of us have church callings we can't get out of even for an AWESOME grocery class. Am I bitter? NO! Ha ha! Just kidding! Now I will creep back into my stealthy blog stalker state and slip back into the virtual bushes. He he he! -Suzanne

The Bach 10 said...

610.00

Kaydee and the boys said...

4 dollars and 67 cents.

and, thanks for buying me baby food. I'm pretty sure Ethan likes you now.

Unknown said...

Oh wait, did I miss the deadline?? I'm going to guess anyway...$194.76

Jodi said...

I am so jealous. Why didn't I get in on this? I so could use the gift card. I need to spend more time on my computer visiting all my friends. :) I have a give away going as well, on my bartonvinyldecor.blogspot.com, only through tonight though so ...... hope you win!

Sue said...

Okay...I just got my trapper keeper & my first set of 4 Sunday papers...yikes! I need a personal training session.